blank'/>

Saturday, September 6, 2014

My comments to Iowa Dept. of Natural Resources on Water Quality

The Iowa DNR's mission statement reads "To conserve and enhance our natural resources in cooperation with individuals and organizations to improve the quality of life for Iowans and ensure a legacy for future generations."

It does not say conserve and enhance our natural resources unless Mr. Smith or Corporation XYZ complains that they aren't making enough money. There should not be exceptions to the mission. 

The last impaired waters report showed 50% of Iowa's waters were substandard.  I work as a physician. If I was ineffective in helping 10 or 20% of my patients I would not be doing a sufficient job. If I failed to help 50% of my patients, I would lose my license and get run out of town.

I implore the Department of Natural Resources to follow your mission statement without exception and heal Iowa's failing waters. Impose more strict standards and make them mandatory. The health of all Iowans depends on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment